Air quality is among the most crucial factors to healthy living, yet it’s also among the least understood aspects of home care and maintenance especially among Austin homes. The dusty and dry Austin climate poses unique problems for homeowners trying to address air quality issues. Find out how you can breathe easier with these tips on air quality specially designed for Austin homeowners.
1. Remove off the Dust. As opposed to using dusting cloths employ sprays or moist towels to remove dust. Dry dusting methods fill the space with particles of dust which eventually settle back on drapes, furniture and flooring.
2. Floor Care. Dirt and grime can easily accumulate on flooring and carpets all over the home. Utilize a HEPA filter while vacuuming to prevent the spreading of dust particles in the air. Mop floors frequently.
3. Textiles. Fabrics like drapes, upholstery and other fabric throughout your home collect pollen, dust and other harmful substances like cigarettes. Make sure that all fabric surfaces are cleaned regularly to lessen the risk of irritations.
4. Avoid using heavy fragrances and Deodorizers. A lot of products available are actually responsible for poor air quality. Heavy scents usually contain harsh chemicals that dryer vent cleaning a pleasant scent for a brief period of time. However, these chemicals are an issue over the long term. Eye irritation, headaches, and other health issues are often linked to the use of strong household fragrances, deodorizers , or even the excessive use of candles.
5. means Cleaners. Chemical cleaners can leave behind a toxic residue that can harm your health. Be sure to read the labels and stay clear of making use of harmful chemicals that could cause breathing issues or eye irritation and skin rashes, among other health issues that could be a possibility. A lot of these chemicals can be present in your home for quite a while after the cleaning process took place.
6. Beware of Fresh and New. Even newly built homes are susceptible to issues with air quality The raw materials used to manufacture flooring, flooring, and other products have been known to release volatile compounds for a long time. You should consider having your carpets cleaned in newly constructed homes to lessen the negative effects.
7. 7. Air Ducts . Millions of Austin homes have not been able to have cleaning of their air-ducts. However, it could be a major error. Think about it this way: what benefit can it do to get your central vacuum cleaning, carpets, and upholstery cleaned if the air ducts are clogged with dust as well as spores, debris, and other allergens? It isn’t logical at all. Plan a full air vent cleaning next time you get your tiles, carpets and other areas of your home cleaned.